Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My favorite thing to do

We have all heard the famous quote, "Never wake a sleeping baby!" But lately it has become one of my favorite things to do with Jacob. I usually start getting ready for bed around 9 or 9:30 at night. I brush my teeth, wash my face and change my clothes, if I am not already in my pj's. Then I will sneek into Jacob's room and pick him up out of his crib. He will usually wake up for a minute or two, but will then fall back asleep in my arms. We sit in the rocker and listen to music while I hold him and cuddle. If any of you know my child he doesn't sit for very long and is off to the next big adventure. So this is my time to be close to him and let him know how much I love him. He so sweet when he is sleeping and I swear I can actually tell what he is dreaming about. Sometimes he will make whimpering sounds, like he is chasing after mommy, daddy and the dogs. When he is awake he is always trying to attach us. This is such a precious time in his life that I always want to remember, so I try to take the time when I can because it is always so crazy around here that I don't want to miss a moment. I want to look back on our time together and know that I spent every chance I could to be with him, awake and sleeping.

No comments: